Thursday, August 23, 2012

YSL Sheer Candy Review

So, I already posted about YSL Sheer Candy #4 a couple of weeks ago under Makeup Musings. Clearly, I have not gotten over it! It's been my go-to lip product since I bought it. So, naturally, I had to have another shade! I went for #9, frequently seen on Rachel from The Pink Peonies (she's beautiful!). I always tend to go for more pink shades, so I absolutely love this one. These are a bit pricey at $30 a pop, but I think they're worth it. Just my opinion! I thought I'd share my review of the two shades.

The packaging is gorgeous. It's very luxurious-looking and feeling. I love whipping these out and applying right out of the tube at work or wherever, I feel so chic!

The two shades I have are #4 – Succulent Pomegranate and #9 – Cool Guava.

As you can see, they're very different shades! In this photo, #4 looks like a candy apple color, but it leans a bit more pink (pomegranate!). #9 is a definite cool pink, but it's much less pigmented than #4. In my opinion, these are the two best colors in the collection!

I know this isn't the best swatch ever, but I think it portrays the color and consistency pretty well! This is a light swatch of #9 (left) and #4 (right). The color is a bit sheer at first, but definitely buildable. It also leaves somewhat of a stain on the lips, so you don't have to reapply to often. It gives off a nice glossy (but not sparkly) sheen. YSL actually categorizes Sheer Candy as a gloss. Did I mention the smell is delicious? Yum.

I would definitely recommend this gloss as a high-end must!


xoxo.



No comments:

Post a Comment