Thursday, August 9, 2012

Favorites for Fall

 As much as I adore summer, I get a certain nostalgic feeling about fall that doesn't happen with any other season. There's something about crisp winds, cozying up in comfy knits, and pumpkin spice lattes that can't be beaten. Mmmm. Then, of course, there's fall fashion.

So, I tried really hard to narrow down my list of "must-haves" for the upcoming season. I figured that since I've been lusting after these items for months now, I really must have them (justification at it's worst). Here's a selection of what I'm after now–I'm almost positive it'll grow!

J. Crew Denim Jacket, $128
Don't get me wrong, I totally had a denim jacket in high school (most likely from Abercrombie & Fitch). But they've come back in a big way and I've been wanting one to casually throw over swingy dresses and gingham button ups. I love how this J. Crew jacket is perfectly shrunken and faded in the right places. Get it here.


Mango PU Panel Leggings via ASOS, $48
I've been wanting (faux) leather leggings for a while now, and I love how these are a little different with a panel down the front. I feel like that'd help me look less like a member of Aerosmith. The price isn't too bad either! Found here.


Freehug Sequin Mini Skirt via Nordstrom BP, $44
Ever since I saw Emily Maynard on the Bachelorette (I know, I'm obsessed), I've been wanting a fun sequined dress or skirt. I think I'd get more use out of this skirt from Nordstrom's juniors department. Love the pattern! Get it here.

ASOS Statement Rhinestone Collar Necklace, $85
I'm eager to try out the collar necklace trend. It's just so cute and feminine. Not totally sure about this particular one, since I'm not sure I'd want to spend $85 on a trendy statement piece. But it serves for good inspiration for what I'm looking for. Forever 21, anyone? Find the ASOS necklace here.

J. Crew Silk Blythe Blouse in Shallow Sea, $110
Honestly, it's a miracle if I don't find at least 10 things I "need" from J. Crew at a given time. I have the Blythe blouse in pink and purple, and I love love love it. It's such a nice quality silk and comes in the most beautiful shades. I have a thing for mint, so naturally I'm after this blouse. Does a girl really need three $100 silk blouses? Hmmm... Find it here.


As you can see, my fall must-haves are an eclectic group. I really do love a mix of different styles and can get into a lot of trends (even if I resist them at first). I would say my style is a mix of classic, feminine, bright and just a touch edgy. If I like something, I don't really care what category of style it falls under. I also like a mix of more expensive, higher quality clothing with cheaper, fun trend pieces. It's all about having fun and feeling beautiful. :)

That's all for now, xoxo!




No comments:

Post a Comment