Thursday, August 16, 2012

Summer Concerting – Outfits!


First things first: my friends and I love country music. Kind of funny, since we're from Boston, but going to country concerts is our favorite summer activity. Tailgating, drinking beers, meeting new people, listening to feel-good music . . . that's what summer is all about! This summer we've been to Jason Aldean & Luke Bryan and Miranda Lambert & the Pistol Annies. I also saw Jimmy Buffett with CP and his awesome parents. Next weekend, we're seeing Kenny Chesney and Tim McGraw's Brothers of the Sun tour . . . aka Country Fest. For Boston country fans, this is the concert to be at. The tailgate is ridiculous and the line-up is always awesome. We've also bought tickets for a lower key Kip Moore show. Exciting stuff!

From years and years of going to country concerts (and all kinds of outdoor music festivals), I've learned a thing or two about dressing for these events! And by learned a thing or two, I mean I finally figured it out this summer. There's so much hype around these concerts between me and my girlfriends, that I plan my outfit way in advance! Read: I always chose the most fashionable and least practical outfits. One Country Fest I could be seen in a skin-tight strapless denim dress. Yup. In 90+ degree heat. Hello, sweat stains! Another time at Tim McGraw, I wore a floral kerchief bandeau number (the knot kept coming loose). Finally, this summer, I was like–I'm done! I want to be comfortable. Best fashion decision I've made!

My advice: comfort comes first. Style comes second (I know, I'm really saying this!).

1.   Stick to clothing that is loose, light and breathable. Think: clothing your sweat can't show through! That's the last thing you want to worry about when you're having a blast.

2.  This sounds bad, and I promise this is the only time I'll say this, but the less clothing–the better! The odds are, it's going to be hot. You're not going to be in AC. There's a lot of people around! Your outfit can still be cute, I promise.

3.  And, yes, since cowboy boots are a must, bring 'em. Just wear socks under (to prevent blisters) and bring a back up pair of sandals.

4.  Skip the designer duds. Especially sunglasses! If you're like me, you want to bring your brand new Karen Walkers. Resist the urge! Bring a trendy (but cheap) pair from Target or Marshall's that you won't cry over if they get lost or broken.

5.  Bring an extra layer. It can get chillier at night (depending on where you live), so I always throw a light pullover or my favorite chambray in my bag, just in case.

Jimmy Buffett (CP would kill me if he knew I put this up!)
bandeau: aerie. tank: Rory Beca for F21. jean shorts: J Crew. watch: marc by Marc Jacobs. sunglasses: Karen Walker (I know, this is before I smartened up!).

Jason Aldean & Luke Bryan (aren't my girls the cutest?)
crochet tank: borrowed from a friend. bandeau: aerie. jean shorts: American Eagle. crossbody: Urban Outfitters. cowboy boots: so old I don't remember! bandana: Walmart c/o BE. lei: free from some dudes. :)

Miranda Lambert & the Pistol Annies (and my best friend BE)
tank: free people. bandeau: free people. lilac jeans: J Brand. crossbody: Tory Burch. watch: Marc by Marc Jacobs.

I could babble on about hair and makeup for summer concerting, but I'll stop here. We've got a lot more concerts to go, so I'll post more later. Hope this was helpful :)

xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment