Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Makeup Musings

Now, I don't claim to be any kind of makeup expert; quite the opposite. I've just begun to dabble in (read: buy excessive amounts of) cosmetics and skin care products. I mean, I've always had bronzer, mascara, lipgloss, etc. But lately, I've been obsessed with bright lipsticks, highlighters, primers . . . some things I didn't even know existed!

I've come across some awesome beauty blogs in my quest for the latest and greatest in beauty products. I now religiously follow Michelle, Lilit, Candice, and Ysis. They give great advice, share their fave products and do helpful tutorials (coming from a girl who had no idea how to contour and didn't know the difference between most brushes!).

I thought it would be fun to do some occasional makeup posts on here (again, I'm not an expert by any means!). Maybe some other new makeup lovers will find them helpful. :)

My current obsessions:
Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream
So I had just started hearing about BB creams (or beauty balms) when I saw this display at Target. Apparently, BB creams were a makeup sensation in Asia and eventually made their way over here. The idea is that it's foundation coverage, moisturizer, illuminator, etc. all wrapped into one. Basically, a tinted moisturizer on steroids (my words of course). I got this little baby for about $8 and I absolutely love it! I've never been much a foundation-wearing kinda girl. I have dry skin, lots of freckles and don't really get acne–so I don't need the coverage. It's great for evening your skin out and giving a nice glow. I love that it has moisturizing and smoothing properties (and I get to try the latest makeup trend!). I'd definitely recommend this product! I believe Garnier and Loreal have similar ones out now.

YSL Volupte Sheer Candy #4 – Succulent Pomegranate
Okay, I'll be honest here. I bought this gloss because I saw that Emily Maynard (from the Bachelorette) tweeted that this is her fave. I know, I'm a sucker! But I have an obsession with her style (noticing a pattern here?), so I had to do it. Anyway, LOVE this gloss! It's a little pricey in my opinion at $30, but worth the splurge. It's very moisturizing, long-lasting, and a has a great color pay-off. I also love the fruity smell/taste. Plus, how chic is the packaging?!

E.L.F. Shimmering Facial Whip – Lilac Petal
So, I'm just a huge fan of E.L.F. products. They are cheap in price but also really good quality. Right now, my fave product is the shimmering facial whip. I love this used as a highlighter rubbed on my cheekbones, brow bone and bridge of my nose. I have the lilac petal shade, and it looks so pretty when the light reflects off it. This product is only $1! Crazy. In. Love. I'm definitely going to snatch up the other shades soon.


That's all for now, xoxo!





No comments:

Post a Comment