Thursday, August 9, 2012

(Wedding) Makeup Musings

I was honored that AG (soon to be AS) asked me to do her makeup for her big day on Saturday. Like I've said before, I'm definitely not an expert. But I love playing with different natural makeup looks. I especially have a weakness for lipstick that I just cannot shake (hello, longest CVS trips ever).

AG is obviously gorgeous and doesn't like or need to wear a lot of makeup. Her wedding day will be no exception. Being the planner (and obsessive person) that I am, I turned to my trusty Pinterest and beauty blogs for ideas on how to help AG to look like the most beautiful version of herself.

I love The Beauty Department blog. It has some of the most helpful tutorials out there. I loved this particular post because this is exactly what AG & I were looking for. It's beautiful and simple. I don't think I can go wrong with some long-lasting foundation (it's a long day!), blush, taupe eyeshadow, gel eyeliner, waterproof mascara and a great pink lip. See TBD'S bridal beauty post here.

To give AG's makeup a little more oomph, I think I'll add a touch of bronzer, my favorite highlighter (shown in yesterday's Makeup Musings post), and HD powder (not the kind that shows up in flash photography, of course!). I also think you can't go wrong with a pearly white shadow for the tear duct, brow bone and lower lashline. Personally, eyeliner on the waterline is a must; we'll see if AG agrees! ;)


 Photo via Pinterest



Okay, okay, okay! I know Kim K's wedding was a huge joke/scam/whatever. I totally don't blame people for disliking her. With that said, her makeup is always flaw. less. And I love that her wedding day look was so natural and highlighted her natural beauty. You got to give it to the girl. AG has a totally different look and complexion than Kim K, but it's nice inspiration! I'm wondering if she'll be into fake lashes. When in Rome Holyoke!


I'm so excited to help out on her special day. I absolutely love weddings–a great party to celebrate a couples' enormous love for one another. I can't wait to share some photos of the beautiful bride, our makeup routine, and of course, the celebration!

Next time, xoxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment