Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Revlon Lip Butter Review

There is a ton of hype around the Revlon Lip Butters. I am the first person to jump on any kind of chapstick bandwagon (look for an eos review coming soon!). I especially loved the idea of these having a great color pay off. Before I saw any reviews (I'm way too impulsive), I went out and bought my first Lip Butter, Cupcake. Cool/baby/barbie pinks are always the first colors that jump out at me. As you can see my collection has grown in the past few months! I thought, since I've collected most of the pink shades, I'd do a quick review–before taking off for NASHVILLE, that is! Tomorrow, tomorrow, tomorrow!

From left to right: Cupcake, Cotton Candy, Strawberry Shortcake, Sweet Tart
Picking up on a sweet theme? Yup. These have a yummy vanilla scent and slight taste to them. I love scented/flavored lip products so these are right up my alley.

The "quilted" packaging is really cute, and I love that I know which shade I'm grabbing just by the color of the case (although Strawberry Shortcake can be confused with Cotton Candy when I'm in a rush! i.e., this morning).

Cupcake has definitely got the most use! The left three look a lot more similar in the tube than they are on the lips. (You'll see!) I love the consistency of this product. It glides on really smooth and is moisturizing, but delivers a nice color at the same time. My lips have a tendency to be really chapped, so I won't use these on really dry lips, because some of the colors can get clumped in the cracks of my lips. But they are perfect for a touch up during the day, without a mirror!

These swatches are very true to the real-life colors. Cupcake is a blue-based baby pink, with a bit of shimmer to it. It's definitely the most unique color in the collection (in my opinion), and my favorite. Cotton Candy is a light pinkish-nude, but is very gold-toned. This shade is probably my least favorite, since I'm not a huge fan of the metallic-y gold look. It's almost kind of 90's. To me, this tube color was a little deceiving. Strawberry Shortcake is a light, warm pink. It's a my lips but better kinda shade. Love this one, it's very pretty and also natural-looking. Sweet Tart definitely has the biggest color pay-off of the four shades, this baby is bright! It's a glossy hot pink. I'm not the biggest fan of bright glosses, so Sweet Tart throws me off a little bit. But it's fun for when I want a bright lip but don't have time to exfoliate and moisturize my lips before.

All in all, I love the Revlon Lip Butters. It's been a few months since I've purchased one (I was a bit disappointed by Cotton Candy), and I've been holding off on getting another. I have heard good things about the peach shade! Might need to try it out :)

xoxo.


No comments:

Post a Comment