Thursday, August 30, 2012

Birthday Gifting

Saturday is my beautiful friend JP's birthday. The big 2-5! To help her celebrate her quarter century, we will be going out on the town (hopefully a patio or deck) for some birthday drinks! I am a terrible procrastinator, and I haven't gotten her a gift yet. For my 23rd birthday, JP got me a beautiful gold and turquoise bracelet. So here I am, brainstorming some good gifts (at work nonetheless). I usually go the jewelry route, and I have some great options in that department. I also have some fun, new ideas! I usually try to stick to a $30ish budget for birthday gifts. However, this one is special! 25, people! I'm willing to splurge on a $50 gift for JP. :) Here we go...

Alex & Ani "Plume" bracelet, $38
All my girlfriends and I collect Alex & Ani charm bracelets. They are a fun twist on the classic charm bracelet, since you stack them on your arm rather than adding individual charms to one bracelet. They are very cute, and I love this one because the feather style different from the usual A&A charms. I am a little hesistant, though, because this gift might be overdone with our group of friends! Get it here.


Lululemon "vinyasa" scarf, $48
I have this yoga scarf from Lululemon and LOVE it. It's stretch jersey and soo comfy. It looks so effortlessly chic on, and you can wear it in a bunch of different ways. I think it would look so cute on JP! Plus, I don't think it's something she'd think to buy for herself or something anyone else would buy for her. Find it here.

J. Crew bubble earrings, $48
JP & I both have J. Crew's bubble necklace. I love the idea of getting her the matching stud earrings, especially because she wears her bubble all the time. Plus, they can be worn alone and look adorable. My only hesitation with this gift is that I bought JP cute stud earrings for her graduation in May. Still adorable! Get them here.

I'm headed to Derby Street (a shopping center on the South Shore) after work to peruse J. Crew, Lululemon and the Paper store–where they sell Alex & Ani. It's nice to have some ideas to go off of, but something might surprise me!

Happy, happy 25th birthday to JP, one of my best friends!

xoxo.






No comments:

Post a Comment